Friday 20 July 2007

Carrier bags that pretend to be plastic but are in fact paper

Yes, 'Office' shoe people, I'm looking at you. Tonight, I'm going round a friend's for a quiet night in (because we got twatted earlier in the week, randomly, on a tuesday and figured we should save money tonight to make it up.) So, there's four of us. Wine. In a house. I figured - bit of pictionary.

I'm nearly 30 and can't afford a coke habit, okay? It's the closest I can get to fun while staying in.

So, I'm coming into work today and bringing the game with me. I pop it into the office bag, where it fits snug as a bug in a rug. Lovely, thinks I.

Exit house, it's pissing down. So leg it to bus stop. Only I can't get under the shelter properly while waiting for the bus BECAUSE OF THE FOREIGN CUNTING STUDENTS THERE. But I won't go on about that, I'm turning into Bernard Manning and need some new material anyway.

So, the bus arrives, on I get. It's a double decker too - a victory for the little man if you see the post below. I pay. I take three rain-sodden steps into the vehicle, at which point the paper-disguised-as-something-sturdier bag burst open. Pictionarium ensues. Bits of the game everywhere. Am scrabbling around after dice, counters, and most embarrassingly of all old pictionary drawings which had somehow been put back in the box. Almost all of which involved penises.

Fucking great. Now the occupants of the 1c know I am such a rocking bloke, I play pictionary on fridays. Interestingly, if the bus driver reads this blog, they will be able to identify me as the writer of the letter they received earlier this week. Fortunately, he clearly could not read, let alone work a computer.

Phew.

Incidentally, the post below drew a response:

We do not respond to puerile, abusive emails'

I replied pointing out that they had just done exactly that. I think this may mark the end of the correspondance.

No comments: